Waiheke Island Historical Society
P O Box 206, Ostend, Waiheke Island 1843, New Zealand
Thanks to the generosity of the Waiheke Island chapter of Rotary International, the Museum of Waiheke now has a real flagpole. Rotary donated the pole and two full-size New Zealand flags; Malcolm Philcox installed the pole.
On Saturday, 4 November 2017, several Rotary luminaries were on hand for the first flag-raising. At 11AM we took advantage of a break in the soggy weather to perform the “flag-warming ceremony” at the new pole.
Sue Philcox, president of the Waiheke Island Historical Society, and Penny Jackson, representing Waiheke Rotary, raise the first flag.
Sue Philcox and Penny Jackson.
Sue Philcox is joined by Rotary members John Newton, Faye Storer, Don Mackenzie (with dog Holly), and Penny Jackson.
Return to index
This page last modified on 5 November 2017.